Thank you for applying to volunteer to fundraise for The Orangutan Project (TOP). Your contribution will make a difference to the compassion, protection and freedom of orangutans and their rainforest homes.
Before applying to be a volunteer, there are a few things you need to know:
- the below process is to volunteer in Australia. If you would like to fundraise anywhere else, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- you need to check this list to see if there is a volunteer team in your region. If not, you might like to apply to be a Regional Representative for your region, or keep checking our website to see if a team is established in your region later
- volunteers need to be at least 16 years old (and if you are between 16 and 18 years old, you will need a guardian to sign on your behalf)
- you will need to pay a $10 application fee to cover the cost of your TOP volunteer t-shirt (which you will receive at your first shift)
- we want our volunteers to have an enjoyable and rewarding experience as part of our team to save orangutans. By applying to become a volunteer, you agree to follow our Volunteer Code of Conduct (see below)
- finally, by applying to become a volunteer, you are giving your consent for any photos taken of you while volunteering to be used for TOP’s promotional purposes (e.g. social media, website or annual report).
If you have any questions regarding your application, please email email@example.com
We hope that you find your experience of helping to save orangutans rewarding and fun! We look forward to meeting you!
Volunteer Code of Conduct
By completing this form, you are agreeing to abide by the TOP Volunteer Code of Conduct.
When representing TOP, we ask that you:
- treat volunteers, staff and customers with respect, courtesy and honesty
- respect diversity of people and abide by TOP’s gender policy
- contribute to a safe and harmonious environment and abide by TOP’s Volunteer Work, Health and Safety policy, and
- do not harass, bully or discriminate against volunteers, customers or employees.
Volunteers are expected to respect each other and work cooperatively within a team. We will not tolerate abusive language, discourtesy or rudeness towards a volunteer, customer or staff member. We have a zero tolerance policy for prohibited drugs and alcohol when representing the organisation. Volunteers’ ideas and feedback are always welcome, but only if they are presented respectfully. If you do not abide by our code of conduct and are disrespectful to other volunteers, TOP staff or TOP customers, you may be asked to leave.